Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mixing It Up!

I just got back from my kickboxing class and boy did she kick our butts. It was a great class and just what I needed to refocus a lil. I have been keeping up on exercising 6 times a week however, it is a struggle this week to find the motivation to want to. Some days are easier then others. I have at least done 30 minutes on the days that are harder of a jog/walk combo. Once I am doing it I am good but it is getting started that has been hard.

Any suggestions how you mix it up when you are just not feeling it? Any fun dvd's that give you a good workout but also are fun? I think I need to change it up a bit so that I do not lose my direction.

In the past I would do real well for a while and then get bored and I do not want that to happen. I have been doing this since sept 1st 09'. I am really trying to make a life change and be reasonable about how I handle my days. Life is not perfect and I realize that there will be days that I can only get 20 minutes in. Instead of beating myself up about it I am trying to get the best out of that 20 minutes and then go on with the rest of my day. Same thing with my eating. I am tying very hard to be realistic as to what I can live with for the rest of my life. A happy medium that gets me healthy but also does not make me stress about foods. As they say, "there are no bad foods, only bad choices!" I am trying to make the best choices that I can!

4 comments:

  1. The best thing to do when you just aren't feeling it and can't seem to get into the groove is to push yourself out and do it regardless. Otherwise you begin to over think it, and might tell yourself that it won't make any difference even if you do go and do it. Or you can start to do it, and if after a while you're still not feeling it, you can always go back home. But at least you'll know that you've made that effort. And that's half the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love biggest loser dvds
    they are fun
    and i love my wii or jumping on the trampoline
    hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! Just discovered your blog and will be following it from now on! :o) I'm a new mum (at the age of 39!) and my little girl is my motivation for living a healthy and active life - and losing the many excess lbs!

    I'd definitely recommend a Wii... For me, going to a gym is impossible - I can't drive to get there and don't have the money! Exercising at home is the perfect solution for me and I get my workout in before Tabitha wakes up (she's pretty consistent!) I love EA Sports Active for the Wii and you can make it as hard as you'd like to workout to be!

    Bye for now

    Patsy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop by my blog.. I have something for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete