Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fighting the good fight

I am definitely fighting the food battle. I try as best i can to make the healthy choices and some days are easy and some days are not. Today I promised myself one thing and that was to change up my workouts and eat the best I could. Well I did change up my workout and started the couch to 5k program. I have never enjoyed running but feel it might kick my cardio up a notch if I try to add some running into my week. I was able to do 30 minutes, 1 min running to 1 minute walking. Actualy it was more like a jog but it was good for me. I was just glad i did it and did not give up. I did not even feel like working out at all today so it was a good accomplishmnet all around. The eating part was ok not good but ok. I definitely did not do a good job calculating my calories exactly but tried the best i could while being on the go all day to stay as close to range as i could. I did lose it a lil by dinner cause we did not eat til almost 8 and we had Mcdonalds.

I am really trying to get it through my head that even if my day is not perfect that I cannot give up or into the temptation of saying the heck with it and tanking the day. Even at Mcdonalds although I was not eating the healthiest meal i tried to pick the best choices and removed the roll, skipped the fries, and the cone at the end. I just need to convince myself that it was a good attempt for the day given my circumstances and i could have done a lot worse and would have if I was not conscious of what i was doing.

All in all, not too bad of a day if I learned something from it.

4 comments:

  1. congrats on starting the couch to 5 - I heard it's a great program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will really like couch to 5k. I've been trying it out also. I have NEVER been a runner so we're in the same boat!
    I also had MCD tonight. I chose a caesar salad with grilled chicken and it sure was yummy! I did steal one french fry from my daughter and it was yummy too!
    Sounds like you are doing a great job!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much you guys!!! It truly helps to read your thoughts on my blog. It is therapy for me to put my thoughts down somewhere and hear other peoples reactions and encouragement. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are really fighting the good fight and your head is in the right place. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete