Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Holding On As Tight As I Can

What a crazy weekend at our house. Besides all the snow which brings messes all over the house and, kids in and out, dogs constantly barking cause the kids are in and out, my 7 yr old got sick Saturday. I had three days of cleaning up vomit, and sleepless nights to finally find out from the dr it was strep. Oh, and my hubby has been working double time these past few months so it is almost like I am running the house alone. He is here but not here in his mind when it comes to things needeing to be done. I am not upset about it cause I am fortunate to be able to stay home with my kids and I know he works hard. It just makes it a lil more trying and challenging to stay focused on taking care of me when I have four other people who want me to take care of them.

Well, I shoveled snow for about a 1/2 hr on saturday and counted it as a small workout. I always work out 6 days a week and take one day off. I either walk, go to the gym(which has not been lately), do a leslie sansone dvd, a bollywood dvd, and go to kickboxing on mon/wed. So I took sunday off. The shoveling probably was not a very long workout but I was sweating.


I am still trying to do the couch to 5k week one butthe top of my right foot is killing me. It hurts when I touch it and when I move my foot a certain way. I have been icing it when it hurts and bought an arch support for that foot. I read it could be from shoes tied too tight. Anyway, tonight I needed to get out of the house after the sick days and took my 7 yr old to trampoline so he could get out too. While he was in there for 50 min I walked/jogged the parking lot for about 40 min of it. It felt good to get my heart rate up. I feel a little stuck weight wise and am trying to stay focused even though my cravings are coming out this week. I think I might just have a taste so I do not do off the deep end. Anyway, that is where I am at so far this week. I am doing my best to keep it together! Thanks for listening!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I hate sick kids. Well, not the kids. The mess that comes from the sick. DOUBLE? Ack. Yes, you are fortunate to have a wonderful husband willing to provide so you can invest in your kids.

    Doesn't make it easier.

    Two sizes. Really? Amazing. Way to be creative to get a workout in. I have a hard time getting it in when hubby is out of town too. Stress makes me gravitate toward and inhale SUGAR. I think you are inspiring. I'll be back to check on you. Sending thoughts and cyber hugs (*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Sometimes we have to put our family above anything else, but other times we just need to be selfish about it.

    I love how you were able to fit in a workout with what you had on hand, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!! Being a mom and trying to lose weight is not an easy mix. My husband has a job with very long hours, so I know how it feels to have to carry the load at home. Hope everyone is healthy now...

    Hang in there..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a rough time. Be careful shoveling snow. My hubby injured his shoulder doing that. It can be quite strenuous and you don't realize you are hurt until later! Great job getting out and getting moving. That will definitely help with stress.

    ReplyDelete